Hello and welcome, fellow keepers, to jeftah's Final Fantasy Record Keeper's F2P Guide. I've been playing this game since the Celes survival event about 3-4 weeks after the game originally came out, and have loved it ever since, to the point I now play in 3 different accounts all with different objectives or challenges.
The goal of this site is to inform, guide and teach every keeper, but specially the newer ones, the ropes around this fantastic game. It's easy to get into, but it takes quite a bit of skill and luck to master, so we'll do our best to make the former easier for you.
I would like to thank the awesome reddit FFRK Community for their fantastic work in keeping all of us up to date, informed and advised on pretty much anything anyone would like to know about the game.
Thus, the purpose of this site is not to compete with any other, but to be an inductive funnel of such information. A general layout of the guide would be as follows:
- If Dr. Mog has a "beginner's tip" page or any other Dr. Mog/Cid page about any mechanic, and it is accurate as it is, I will not comment on it, but assume the player knows this information.
- If Dr. Mog or Cid have a page referring to any mechanic, but the information is vague, or lacking any relevant details, I will note it and clarify on my explanation.
- The account run/featured in this guide will be purely F2P. No 100gem draws, and in fact, I will not use any relic draws whatsoever, except the free daily one. I will, however, keep anything the game gives me for "free", these being quest rewards, daily login rewards (including relics), and the one relic you get to choose after you draw in the Beginner's Relic banner (I will sell the relics and keep my choice).
- This is done to capitalize on the fact that completing content is possible even if you are unlucky with your relic draws, but are using appropriate setups and strategies.
- There are also many farmable items which this guide will attempt to highlight. They are mostly found in dungeons of difficulty 61 and lower, most notably dungeons before Dungeon Update (DU) 6, and are all of 2 star (2*) rarity except for one item which is 3*, the Black Cowl (IV).
- If possible, I will always try to set up my strategies based on Realm Synergy (RS) as a priority, however, this may not always be the case, as some realms lack users of certain ability types (For example, none of the Final Fantasy 2 characters can use summons, as of the time of this writing).